Stony Point News
Greetings Stony Point Families! Happy Friday! I have an important message for you, as well as some additional updates and information.
I will begin with the updates and information, but I ask that you please read this message in its entirety.
- Monday, April 26th: Parent Portal reopens and your child's report card will be available to view
- You may sign up for the SPES April Food Bank (pick ups on 4/30/21) by copying and pasting the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0b4ca9ab2eaafa7-stony2
- We want to hear from you! We have divided our school community into 3 parts so that we can host Community Listening Forums in which you can share your feedback in smaller groups. This week we will host forums on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Please see the attached flyers (of which physical copies were sent home) to see when the forum for your community will be held. We hope to see you there!
- We need your help! If you are interested in helping coordinate and create our 5th grade memory books, please email me at email@example.com
And finally, the message that I want to share with you is that I will be stepping down as our school’s principal to relocate to the Virginia Beach area when our school year ends in June. Some of you may know that this past year, my husband accepted a very attractive position in that area and I have been commuting back and forth since then. While this gave me the opportunity to continue to work with you in support of our students at Stony Point, it is not a long term solution for my family.
It has been a privilege to serve with such a talented and devoted faculty and staff and to collaborate with a community so engaged in and supportive of the education of our students. At no time were these qualities more needed, more valued, and more appreciated than during this past year. I’m grateful to have been your principal these past three years and will do all I can to ensure a successful conclusion to this school year and a smooth transition to new leadership.
In the near future you will be receiving information from our school division about that transition; specifically how a new principal will be selected and how you can contribute to this important decision. Daphne Keiser, who will be facilitating this process, will be sharing a little about this process at the next PTO meeting on Tuesday, May 4th at 8:00pm. Please be on the lookout for the zoom link to the meeting.
With much gratitude, affection and best wishes for much future success,LaTishia Wilson
Principal, Stony Point Elementary
Greetings Stony Point families!
I hope you were able to enjoy spring break with your children! We are so happy to see all of the students back in school this week! Here are a few announcements for you.
- The SPES masks have arrived!! If you have a student who attends school in person-and you have already sent in payment for your mask(s)- your order was sent home with your student. If you have not yet sent in payment, please send in the amount of $10 for each mask ordered and they will be sent home. If you have a virtual student, you may drop off payment for the mask(s) and them up on Monday or if you are signed up for bus delivery- they will be delivered this Friday. Also, we still have masks available to order!
- This week marks the beginning of the 4th quarter of the school year. Parent portal is now closed and will reopen Monday, April 26th. When it re-opens, your child's report card will be available to view.
- Online registration opens for new students and upcoming K students for the 2021-2022 school year on April 21st.
The last day of school for students is June 15th, so please be aware when making summer plans.
- Parents: It is necessary that your students attend school every day whether in person or virtual. Virtual students need to be present during the time of their class via zoom in order to be counted present for school. Hybrid 4th and 5th graders should complete their asynchronous assignments on the days they are not physically in school in order to be counted present for the asynchronous days. There is also a morning meeting for 4th and 5th grade students on their asynchronous days via zoom.
Students in Grades 3-5:
Parents: Please review the attached document and complete the applicable form at the bottom of the document related to the end of year testing for your student. For your ease the links are also included below. Please complete the applicable form for your child by this Friday, April 16th.
- Hybrid students taking the SOL in school: Fill Out This Form
- Virtual students taking the SOL test in school OR Virginia Remote Progress Test: Fill Out This Form
Please let me know if you have any questions or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you,LaTishia Wilson Principal, Stony Point Elementary
Greetings Stony Point families! Happy New Year 2021! Teachers and staff members have been excited to see your students back in (virtual) school this week! Beginning Monday, January 11th, hybrid students will return to in person learning based on their M/W or T/Th schedule. Learning pod students will also return to the building.
This week we will have another resource delivery/pickup. Your child's teacher will advise you if there are resources for your child. If you have signed up for bus delivery, please plan to meet the bus at the assigned time this Friday. If you pick up, you may do so on Monday between 6:45am-3:00pm.
On January 14th the Superintendent will make a recommendation to the School Board regarding a possible move to Stage 4. The School Board will then vote on January 21st. As a school, we are in the process of preparing for a possible move to Stage 4 and more information will be shared in the upcoming weeks about what Stage 4 will look like at Stony Point.
We are excited and ready to tackle the last few weeks of the 1st semester of the 20-21 school year! We will kick it off at our January School Wide Morning Meeting next Friday (1/15) at 8:00am.
1/15: School Wide Morning Meeting 8:00am
1/18: Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
1/29: Last day of the 2nd 9 weeks
Greetings Stony Point families!
I hope that the transition to virtual schooling this week is going well for your student(s). Our staff has worked hard to make it as seamless as possible. If your student was already a virtual learner, you should have received a survey last week regarding Stage 4. Please complete this survey by this Friday, December 18th. The information in the survey will be used for Stage 4 planning. The goal for Stage 4 is to have students in grades K-5 attending school in the building 4 days/week; although, this is dependent on survey input from families and staffing. Families of students who were already participating in the hybrid model did not receive the survey as your student(s) will automatically move to 4 days/week, if applicable. If you have a hybrid student and want to change to virtual learning, please let me know.
I will host a brief Lunchtime Question/Answer Forum regarding Stage 4 from 12:15-12:45pm this Thursday, December 17th for anyone who would like to attend. Please check your email for the Zoom link.
Winter Break begins next week. It is from December 19th- January 3rd. There will be no school for students on these dates and the county meal service program will not operate on these dates. All students will return to school virtually on January 4th and follow the same schedule as this week.
- Stony Point office hours this week and the week of Jan.4th are 8:00am-2:00pm.
- Always use the email@example.com email address to alert us of student absences, to change after school bus/pick up plans, or with any questions
- If you have not signed up for the ACPS meal program, you may do so by clicking here.
- The next student resource material delivery will be Friday, Jan. 8th or pickup on Monday, Jan. 11th (6:45am-3:00pm)
Thank you and Happy Holidays!